18 and older
Create powerful, effective visualizations to help analyze your data with Tableau 10 by your side. Tableau is a software tool that can speed up data analysis through its rich visualization capabilities, and help uncover insights for better and smarter decision making. This course is for the business, technology, data and analytics professionals who use and analyze data and data-driven approaches to support business operations and strategic initiatives in their organizations.
This course provides easy-to-follow recipes to get the reader up and running with Tableau 10, and covers basic to advanced use cases and scenarios. The course starts with building basic charts in Tableau and moves on to building more complex charts by incorporating different Tableau features and interactivity components. There is an entire section dedicated to dashboard techniques and best practices. A number of recipes specifically for geospatial visualization, analytics, and data preparation are also covered.
By the end of this course, you’ll have gained confidence and competence to analyze and communicate data and insights more efficiently and effectively by creating compelling interactive charts, dashboards, and stories in Tableau.Course Objectives
- Become familiar with the Tableau interface
- Build basic to more advanced charts with stepbystep recipes
- Use filters, calculated fields, parameters, and actions to add interactivity to charts and dashboards
- Prepare and transform data for analysis using Tableau’s builtin tools and functions
- Create effective and compelling dashboards and story points
- Leverage Tableau’s mapping capabilities to visualize location and shape data
- Integrate analytics and forecasting to enhance data analysis
- Get to know tips and tricks to work more quickly and effectively in Tableau
- Increase your confidence and competence in creating rich, interactive visualizations in Tableau
Headsets for free, Guaranteed to Run, Re-Takes for free (Up to 6 months), Interactive Classroom environment.Registration Note:
- Tableau Desktop: Advanced
- Tableau Desktop: Basic
We can only accept students into our classes whose tuition is being paid by an employer or sponsoring organization. Self-paying individuals cannot enroll.
Courseware (if a course has a Courseware) will be shipped to the address provided two weeks before the class starts. Make sure that the additional info field is properly and correctly filled out to avoid Courseware being lost in transit. Please also note that P.O. Box addresses are not allowed.
The classes are instructor-led live training you attend in a local classroom or from your home/office. Our instructors teach from a remote location while being able to interact with students as in a traditional classroom setting.
Instructors can view student progress and take control of their PC to provide direct assistance. Students can see the instructor's presentation as well as voice questions directly to the instructor and participate in class discussions.