As Agile becomes increasingly popular across the globe, the need to bring Enterprise Architecture into alignment with this transformational methodology has become more urgent. Traditional EA does not offer agility, and by redefining the paradigm of EA to fit within the agile culture, project goals can be steered in the required direction.
TOGAF (The Open Group Architecture Framework) is the global de facto standard for Enterprise Architecture. It provides a unified approach for the design, planning, execution and government of enterprise information technology architecture. This industry-accepted approach to enterprise design can be used to drive high-level business strategy and growth in your organization.
Our course teaches you how to strike the right balance to implement agility within the framework of your enterprise architecture, and achieve business transformation and positive growth. You will gain knowledge and skills to ace the TOGAF Certification Exam and become a TOGAF 9.1 Certified Architect which is rated as one of the top certifications for an IT professional to have. The TOGAF certification is provided by the accreditating body “The Open Group”. A case study will run through the course which will help you understand the hands-on aspects of using and tailoring TOGAF 9.1 for your organizational needs.Who Can Attend?
This course offers value to all individuals who would like to understand TOGAF 9.1 and its real world application and value in business, IT and digital transformations. Participants could include anyone who wants to be an architect, is involved in architectural work, is an architect already in IT and wants to better themselves when dealing with complex IT projects, and also anyone wanting to step into an architect’s shoes along their career path. All those working in planning, execution, development, delivery and operations of an architecture project will find this course material helpful.
The course is filled with practical nuggets from the real world, and candidates will learn:
- How to align the business and IT aspects of your organization together
- How to respond to RFPs from the customer effectively
- The basics of TOGAF 9.1 and how it can be tailored for an organization
- How to go from strategy to execution when posed with having to find a solution to a customer problem
- Basic principles of Architecture Frameworks ( Zachman / TOGAF ) and how to apply them
- How to dive deep from Enterprise Architecture to Solution Architecture
- Basics of Architecture and Design, and practical application scenarios
- Basics of Solution Architecture and how to tailor solutions based on customer needs
- Requirements Prioritization for an Architect
- How an Architect views Agility: How much architecture is just needed for the hour and how much later
- Project Management essentials for an Architect
- Best practices and nuances of IT transformations